{ forum.neophytte.mine.nu }

Homepage | Post New Topic | Search | Help | Log In | Register

» Forum Index » Perth HO Slot Car Group » Topic: Ebat Listing for One mean HO Riggen style car

Posted on 15/11/12 16:58:34
Shawnster

Ebat Listing for One mean HO Riggen style car
Al Thurman aka 7Chapparal, makes some hot armatures and T-jets;

"A REAL BLAST FROM THE PAST HERE...................A vintage highly modified Aurora TJet chassis like the ones I raced in the Indiana H.O.P.R.A. races back in 1969-1971. I won my very first H.O.P.R.A. race back in 1971 with a car almost like the one offered here!!! Check out my picture with my first H.O.P.R.A. trophy back then!!!

This car started life as a stock ThunderJet chassis. This car has all the tricks of the day from back then, plus a few more modern parts to make it even quicker than it was back in the day!!! The chassis and gear plate have been extensively lightened. The rear gear on the plate has even been changed to a plastic gear for less weight!! Even the gear plate clip has been cutout for less weight. The new style independently rotating aluminium wheels with o-ring tires are fitted to this car. The trick brass handling pan is the NEW Landshark .032 brass handling pan that I am now making in house!!! The body mount tubes are soldered to the pan. This pan is modified and adjusted to "shake" slightly, another old school handling trick from back in the day. The modern parts are the NEW wide silicone-coated sponge rear tires that I am also now making in house!!! The motor magnets are a matched pair of either Johnny Lightning, or DASH magnets that gauss out at 830 or 840. Stock TJet magnets are about 400 gauss. The armature has been rewound with #36 wire, and epoxied. The commutator has been trued and polished. Plus it has shunt wires too!! This ThunderJet ROCKS AND ROLLS!!! During testing, this car got down into the six second range on a Buck Scorpion track within only about 20 or 30 laps. This car comes out of the box ready to run,or race. Also included is a unpainted and unmounted H.O.S.T .010 Lexan body of the 1967 LeMans winning Ford MK IV part number 1022. The buyer can mount and paint this body anyway they want.
This car was built using an orginial Aurora ThunderJet chassis from my spares from the early 1970's, and a host of brand new just released LANDSHARK parts. This type of car is a real gas to drive!!! They handle real sweet, and they drift thur the corners like a World Of Outlaw sprint car!!! It is a real piece of early HO racing history. Not to many of these cars survived from that period of time. Here is your chance at owning a nice car based on that period in HO racing!!!"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300813049318?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Back

[ To post a reply, please Log In or Register ]